8/04/17 The Place of Desperation
“Sometimes it is in times of pain and suffering that you find Me. Sometimes I need to bring you to the end of yourself, so that you will seek Me with all your heart. It is My love for you that turns your eyes toward Jesus. When you call out to Him in your desperation, He will come to you and bring you new life. Your religious heart will be softened. Your priorities will be put in line. Your motives for all that you do will become My motives as you grow in Me.
"Call out to Jesus in your need. Call to Him for the first time or for as many times as you need. He is waiting to ease your pain. His love is always for you, never against you. He is Lord, and He is waiting to be Lord over your every situation. Turn everything over to Him. Submit yourself to a love greater than you have ever known. You will find the answers you have been looking for as you find Him.”
2 Samuel 14:14 NIV
“But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.”
Matt. 11:28-30 AMP
28) Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
29) Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
30) For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good – not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Luke 22: 61-62 NIV
61) The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.”
62) And he went outside and wept bitterly.
Some of us think that we have the corner on this thing called Christianity. For a while, I sure did. Having met Him in a cemetery - stupid, full of dope, one day before I planned to kill myself - I found real life and real love for the very first time. I, of course, immediately turned everyone off with my zeal and freedom - being so full of newfound love, but so immature and insensitive.
What I didn’t realize at the time is that my Father in heaven brought me to the place of desperation, so that I would finally come to the end of myself and cry out to Him in my need. Because I was such a hardhead, I had to be stripped of everything before I would submit fully to Jesus and His Lordship over my life. I had to realize that I was helpless and needed a Savior.
Since then, His faithfulness has brought me to a point of need often, so that I would realize the necessity of resubmitting and recommitting my life to His Lordship. He would stop me dead in my tracks, making me realize that I was running off by myself somehow; and quietly bring me back to the place of total submission to Him, the only place of safety.
Here’s a thought. No matter how long you have known Jesus, no matter how much you are doing for Him, stop for a moment. Ask a few questions about your life. Is everything in order? Is everything at peace in your heart? If not, maybe the Lord is calling you to turn your life back to a place of total submission to Him. Maybe He wants all of you once again. Maybe the Father is saying that the answer to all your needs is Jesus, and He is asking you to get back to basics with Him before you can move on.
Going back often,