7/20/17 Stepping In
“Are you ready? Are you ready to expand your tent pegs? Soon your world will change. You will be required to modify your lifestyle to accommodate those challenges that will face you. For some of you, life will never be the same. External changes will not necessarily be the catalyst for your change; I will. I am about to fulfill My promises to those of you who have been crying out for holiness. I am about to equip those of you who have been faithful to My call to draw close. You will thrive during the coming difficult times. My presence will be with you. Prepare to receive My fullness.
"Prepare to become leaders to a leaderless people. As I set aside those who have not heeded My calls and have continued doing “business as usual,” you will need to step in and respond to the multitude of questions and needs. You will need to have ready answers. You will need to represent Jesus by your fearless approach to the times and seasons.
"Remember where your source of life is. It will still come from your devotion to Our relationship and spending time with Me. When the relative quietness of your world is shattered by the many requirements of your time, remember to set aside even more time with Me. Time with Me will be your resource. To be distracted from Our fellowship will dim your witness and minimize your effectiveness. Prepare now. Come to Me now. Come to Me more often then.”
Romans 15:1-7 AMP
1) We who are strong [in our convictions and of robust faith] ought to bear with the failings and the frailties and the tender scruples of the weak; [we ought to help carry the doubts and qualms of others] and not to please ourselves.
2) Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbor for his good and for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually].
3) For Christ did not please Himself [gave no thought to His own interests]; but, as it is written, The reproaches and abuses of those who reproached and abused you fell on Me.
4) For whatever was thus written in former days was written for our instruction, that by [our steadfast and patient] endurance and the encouragement [drawn] from the Scriptures we might hold fast to and cherish hope.
5) Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
6) That together you may [unanimously] with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
7) Welcome and receive [to your hearts] one another, then, even as Christ has welcomed and received you, for the glory of God.
Mark 6:30-32 NIV
30) The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.
31) Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32) So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.
Few of us really comprehend the value of being with our Lord. We squeeze in time with Him between our work and our daily commitments. How foolish. He should be our priority, not our minimum daily requirement.
I remember using a pressure sprayer to clean the patios, sidewalks, and driveway of a place in which we lived awhile back. (Actually I cleaned almost everything that didn’t move.) It was amazing to see the incredible difference it made. Simple hose water became a powerful force when sent through the machine. It was actually so much fun, I found myself doing more than I intended to do.
The system reminded me of our life with the Lord. We are very much like the normal hose, giving refreshment to those who need it, flowing moderately and as required.
I see continuous fellowship with our Lord as the power sprayer. Hooked up to Him, everything changes. Not only do we have the possibility of affecting others in the same way as before; but when His mighty force propels our flow, our impact is vastly different and much more powerful. We can do things far beyond anything we ever thought possible.
Keep me hooked up, Lord,