6/12/17 Proper Use of Your Authority
“Properly overcoming in the spiritual realm has less to do with your understanding of the power that I have given you, and much more to do with your submission to Me. Many of My children know the Word and the authority that they have in the Name of Jesus, but few of them are really accomplishing My will because they haven’t learned to listen to Me. They bind this and cast that, thinking that they are doing My will; but they are far from what I desire.
"You - those of you who have been in My special training fires - you are gaining My strength, My unlimited power, and the fullness of My resources because of your thorough understanding of your weakness when you are not in My will. That understanding gives you what is necessary to be truly strong. Your covenant authority imparted to you through My Word, combined with learned submission to Me, brings the fullness of your authority into proper order and focused power.
"When others flail about, using the Name of Jesus to accomplish what they need for themselves, you wait with Me until I tell you when and where to move. When you move with Me, My presence is with you. That is good!”
Exodus 33:15-16 NIV
15) Then Moses said to Him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
16) How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.
Matt. 7:21-23 NIV
21) “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23) Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
Luke 10:19 KJV
“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
John 4:34 NIV
”My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”
Most of us rarely consider the damage that we do if we use our authority without consulting with the Lord before we use it. We use logic, need, fear, and many other reasons to push aside the evil that we believe is hindering us, but do we spend enough time with our Father in heaven to have Him direct our steps? Sometimes, repenting before Him in true remorse for our sins accomplishes much more than all of the huffing and puffing against perceived weapons formed against us will ever do. Wow!
Do I ever need you, Lord,