5/01/17 Matters of the Heart
“I want you to think of the hardest heart that you personally know, someone who has harmed you. I want you to devote your day to pray for him or her. Present him or her to Me every time he or she comes to mind.
"Two things will happen. You will find out where your heart is toward that person - whether you are able to care as Jesus cares - and you will be reminded of how much I really care for those who curse Me.”
Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV
8) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
9) “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Matthew 5:13 AMP
You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste (its strength, its quality) how can its saltness be restored? It is not good for anything any longer but to be thrown out and trodden under foot by men.
Luke 6:41-46 NIV
41) “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
42) How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
43) “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44) Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
45) The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
46) “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”
What an incredible concept: to have the Lord take a whole day of my life to pray for someone who will never know, and probably never care, about what I have done for him/her.
Give me Your heart, Lord,