4/20/17 Deeply Involved
“What are your passions? For that matter, are you passionate about anything? I have formed your new heart to burn with zeal for the things that are true and real, just as My heart does. What happened to you? Why have you become so complacent about the things that really matter? I am not asking you to engage in causes.
"Jesus never did that. He did, however, get deeply involved. I desire that you study His heart. What was He passionate about? What was so important to Him that He, the Lord of all, became deeply involved? He understood your needs and died for them. Find some of those same needs in others and get involved. Begin to really care again.”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
Romans 12:9-21 AMP
9) [Let your] love be sincere (a real thing); hate what is evil [loathe all ungodliness, turn in horror from wickedness], but hold fast to that which is good.
10) Love one another with brotherly affection [as members of one family], giving precedence and showing honor to one another.
11) Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.
12) Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer.
13) Contribute to the needs of God's people [sharing in the necessities of the saints]; pursue the practice of hospitality.
14) Bless those who persecute you [who are cruel in their attitude toward you]; bless and do not curse them.
15) Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing others' joy], and weep with those who weep [sharing others' grief].
16) Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty (snobbish, high-minded, exclusive), but readily adjust yourself to [people, things] and give yourselves to humble tasks. Never overestimate yourself or be wise in your own conceits.
17) Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is honest and proper and noble [aiming to be above reproach] in the sight of everyone.
18) If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19) Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God's] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord.
20) But if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.
21) Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.
Yah! OK! That loving others stuff again. I wanna do really big stuff for Jesus and hang with others who do the same. I want a great ministry. I want people to really see Jesus in me by the way that I heal people in a big auditorium or in the middle of a crowd; you know, someplace where they have a chance to really get the picture of who He really is. This laying down my life for others or loving deeply stuff is for those without a heavy anointing. Anybody can do that. I wanna really get involved, ya know? I wanna see power!
Forgive us for this kind of heart, Lord,