3/28/17 A Closer Look
“Are you cherishing those I bring into your life? Do you realize that I love them very much, no matter what condition they are in? I send them to you so that they can get a closer look as to what Jesus looks like. Do they see Him in you? Do they have more of a desire to serve Him because they have been with you and you have shown the wonders of His person?
"That is why you have been called into My kingdom. You have not been called to be with Me so that you can be well-fed and satisfied. You have been called so that My plan can be furthered. Begin to see your life and your purpose for living through My eyes. You will be amazed at how patient I have been with you.”
Psalm 106:12-15a AMP
12) Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.
13) But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them.
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls…
Matt. 7:21-23 NIV
21) “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23) Then, I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
Matthew 16:22-23 NIV
22) Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
23) Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Out of my sight, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”
A self-serving gospel is dead religion masked in spirituality. It is another gospel, not the gospel preached by Jesus. So many Christians today think that they are living according to the will of the Lord, when He has long ago bypassed them and is using those with open hearts who long to do His will.
The Lord has a remnant in training, a people who surrender every aspect of their being to His Lordship every moment of every day. They are learning to live entirely in Christ, rather than attempting to find the easiest road to heaven and consuming the things that the Lord has provided for them upon themselves. He is raising up a holy people, calling them out from the cold religious functions so prevalent today.
Do whatever it takes, Lord,