3/03/17 Press In
“Press in. Press in to Me for whatever part of the character of Jesus that’s needed in your life. You need to respond to My call during this season. You will need the wisdom I have for you. You will need the faith that you will gain by Our fellowship. I am about to test those who say that they have little need of Me. I am about to break the pride of those who will not serve Me now but are Mine. You press in now. Gain what I have for you. Carry what I give you to those who will be reeling from My hand upon them. My hand will bring them to their knees. My heart will hold them while you show them Jesus. Press in now!”
John 20:21 NIV
Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
1) We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.
2) Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
3) For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”
4) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5) May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
6) so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7) Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.
II Cor. 1:3-4 AMP
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
4) Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.
II Cor. 5:20a NIV
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.
So often we forget what our real purpose is. We become so involved with the matters of our own lives and the needs of our own hearts that we pass by so many opportunities given to us by the Lord. The world really does take care of its own in its own way. We are called to take care of our Father’s children in His way. His way is the way of Jesus. His way has eternal value, not temporal fixes.
Send me with Your heart, Lord,