2/23/17 Submitted or Surprised?
“Do you know that there are people living at this moment who have the seed of hatred in their hearts, waiting to inflict their fury on My people? They will attempt to destroy you simply because you belong to Me. Did you also know that while they are being trained to murder by their father, I am training you to love them? I want you to pray for them. In fact, I want you to pray for the person who hates you enough to kill you and those you love.
"These are My closing hours. This is the time for which all of heaven has been waiting. It is preparing for wondrous, predicted events. Your earth is groaning as if it were getting ready for childbirth. I need bridal-hearted warriors to function as Jesus would, not self-focused hypocrites. Which are you? For what are you in training? Are you even in training in your heart?
"If your heart is completely Mine, nothing is more important to you than submitting to My will. If it is not, you may one day hate just as your enemy does. You will join the ranks of those who demand that I relieve their pain and remove them from their circumstances, instead of acquiring what is needed to overcome and bring others to Me. One day, you may even curse Me just as My enemies do.”
Luke 6:45-46 AMP
45) The upright (honorable, intrinsically good) man out of the good treasure [stored] in his heart produces what is upright (honorable and intrinsically good), and the evil man out of the evil storehouse brings forth that which is depraved (wicked and intrinsically evil); for out of the abundance (overflow) of the heart his mouth speaks.
46) Why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not [practice] what I tell you?
Luke 9:23-25 AMP
23) And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also].
24) For whoever would preserve his life and save it will lose and destroy it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he will preserve and save it [from the penalty of eternal death].
25) For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and ruins or forfeits (loses) himself?
Luke 12:19-21 NIV
19) ‘And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’
20) “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21) “This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”
I am more and more convinced that there are going to be many, many very surprised people who have answered an altar call and have continued to live for themselves, all masked in the cloak of Christianity. I am also deeply concerned for those teachers who have allowed them to remain in their complacency.
At this very moment, Father God is calling for a holy people, a generation who has heard the call to do whatever it takes to gain and function in the bridal heart of Jesus. There is no other call out there for those who claim to be Christians.
Make emulating You my only priority, Lord,