2/21/17 Accepted into His Presence
“My heart is really with those of you who are selling out to Me. Thank you. I have great love for all of My children. What you do or don’t do does not determine how much I love you. My love never changes. Your desire to press in and know Me does, however, allow Me to reveal more of Myself to you. I can show My plans to you. I can share My heart. We can work on yours together. Thank you for hearing My call to holiness. Thank you for pressing in and desiring intimacy. I am delighted when My children understand My ways and walk in obedience to them. My ways always lead to intimacy.”
Matthew 19:14 NIV
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Mark 6:30-32 NIV
30) The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.
31) Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32) So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.
John 5:19-20 NIV
19) Jesus gave them this answer: “‘I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20) For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.”
Jesus was always showing us His relationship with His Father, so that we would emulate Him when He restored our relationship with Father God. So many of us miss one of the most important results of the death and resurrection of Jesus—our acceptance into the presence of God. No small thing!
Immature believers go to God for things. Mature believers go for more of God and His ways. The mature heart longs to please God and is a wonder to behold. This is the passionate heart of Jesus. It is also the bridal heart, prepared and waiting for Christ, the one that will overcome and even prosper during the perilous times ahead. As Jesus is one with the Father, the mature or bridal heart beats in unison with Them both.
This heart sees only the Father’s will as important, only the Father’s plans as worth addressing throughout life. The world, the cold church, and all else in the physical realm hold no audience with this heart. There is no purpose but God’s purpose, no plan but God’s plan, no future but God’s future. This heart is untouchable in its alliance with God. It is in total freedom in its chosen “slavery” to only the Father’s will.
Develop a mature heart in me, Lord,