10/27/17 Personal Bankruptcy
“Failure to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ is a crucial error. Your submission to His Lordship transfers ownership. You submit to His blood purchase. You are no longer your own, but His. It transfers allegiances. You submit to His will over your life. The world no longer has control over you. You are free from its death and decay. It transfers eternal homes. You are safe with Jesus for eternity.”
Ezekiel 36:26-27 NIV
26) “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
John 3:3 NIV
In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 3:5-8 NIV
5) Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6) Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7) You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
8) The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
John 3:16 NIV
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Here’s a thought! Let’s all declare personal (spiritual) bankruptcy, so that we can function as that new creature in Christ, which we became when we put Jesus in charge of our lives. Confusion and difficulty arise when we continually try to become better Christians.
God never asked us to do that. His desire is that we become empty, so that the life of Jesus is free to function in us. We seem determined to add our own efforts to God’s plan for us, and then we never reach the fullness that total dependence on God brings. Selah! (Pause, and calmly think of that!)
Jesus, You are Lord over every aspect of my life,