1/30/17 What Owns You?
“What do you still own? In the same way, what owns you? Name something that you will not or can’t give up and I will show you how it is not under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Would you like to know how I feel about ownership? It is what stops you from becoming all that you can be in Me. Lordship means that you own nothing in your heart. It means that you covet nothing but more of Jesus and His ways. It really means that you are absolutely free from the entanglements of the world. You are also free from guilt, because you have not robbed from Me what is rightfully Mine!
"You gave Me everything. When you take back what is no longer yours, it is theft and it is sin. Repent and turn from your old ways. You are too important to Me to have you continue in your old life. Turn now! I love you!”
Luke 12:19-21 NIV
19) ‘And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink, and be merry.” ‘
20) “But God said to him, ’You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21) “This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”
Luke 21:1-4 AMP
1) Looking up, [Jesus] saw the rich people putting their gifts into the treasury.
2) And He saw also a poor widow putting in two mites (copper coins).
3) And He said, Truly I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them;
4) For they all gave out of their abundance (their surplus); but she has contributed out of her lack and her want, putting in all that she had on which to live.
Gal 2:20 AMP
I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Ownership is a big thing with Father God, especially heart ownership. Jesus paid a big price to have the Father own our hearts. Heart ownership is pivotal as to whether Jesus is the Lord of our lives or not. When He owns our hearts, we can finally be free to give Him what is rightfully His - everything else.
I surrender all, Lord,