1/28/17 Going Back
“Remember when Our times together were sweet and full of love? Remember when your only thoughts were of Me and My plans? Remember when being obedient to My will was your only desire? You were completely in love with Me and the influences of your life meant nothing.
"I want you to go back to that place. I want you to go back to and function from first love qualities. I really miss the quiet times.”
Matthew 14:14 NIV
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
John 13:33-34 NIV
33) “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
34) All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
Rev 2:2-5 NIV
2) “I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
3) You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
4) Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
5) Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.”
Love is a high priority in the plans of God. Everything centers around and functions from love. If it were not for love, He would not have devised a plan for our redemption from sin through Jesus. Jesus functioned in love as He healed the sick and as He went to the cross. Love means much to God. Our functioning without it, even doing good things for Him, does not impress Him.
Take me back to first love, Lord,