1/26/17 In a Nutshell
“Do you really understand the covenant that My Son and I have made with you and for you? My covenant with you has little to do with keeping you healthy, wealthy, and out of harm’s way, as some false prophets claim. My Son did go to the cross. Paul did spend most of his ministry years in prison. Countless missionaries of Mine did perish. You are no different.
"Here is My covenant with you in a nutshell. I have promised to give you all of Myself while you live. I will equip you and fill you with My presence so that you testify of My Son. I have promised to change you, to finish what I have started in you. I have promised to be with you wherever you go, to help you through whatever situation you find yourself in, if you call on Me! You will see miracles when I need miracles to be shown to others. I will then bring you home to spend eternity with Me when your work is completed. You have promised to need Me and submit to Me as best you can.
"You must realize that this life with Me is to fulfill My will. Unless you set your mind to be in line with My heart and My Word, you will find yourself confused, and eventually heartbroken. Do I love you? Oh, yes, more than you will ever know! But I also love those who hate both Me and you at present. I desire that they also be with Us for eternity. You are My agent to show them My Son, so that they have a chance to embrace Him. If that means that they need to see how He reacts to difficult situations, I will lead you into difficult situations for their sake because I can trust you there.
"I have bought you with My Son’s blood. That is a high price to pay. I will show Him to the world in whatever way that I deem necessary and I promise to use you to do it. There is much work to be done at present. When it is finished, I will bring you home and We will celebrate.”
John 14:10 AMP
Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).
John 14:12-13 AMP
12) I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.
13) And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son.
Rom. 11:36 AMP
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. [For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.] To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it).
I Cor. 6:19-20 NIV
19) Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20) you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Col. 2:6-7 AMP
6) As you have therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him.
7) Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving.
Col. 2:9-10 AMP
9) For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature].
10) And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead—Father, Son and Holy Spirit— and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power].
It would be laughable if it weren’t so sad when I hear some well-known street-corner prophets proclaim a gospel of God serving us rather than one of us serving Him. I have seen so many young believers shipwrecked and discouraged because they came into the true Gospel under that teaching. When that teaching didn’t work - when they weren’t healed, when they couldn’t talk or pray or believe themselves out of a situation - there was no place to go. They felt God had left them.
I once asked the Lord to give me a key teaching that is always safe and in line with His Word. He said, “My true Gospel works everywhere, during any time in history, and in whatever situation you find yourself. It never changes.”
When I thought about it, those words made everything clear; and they’ve protected me numerous times. Prosperity doctrines will not work in impoverished nations or during God’s judgments. “Name it and claim it” doctrines did not work in the arena for the first century Christians, and so on. Any teaching that is limited to a generation, a locality, or a specific time in history has flaws in it, and will cause unnecessary rabbit trails. One by one, I have found that any doctrine preached must work everywhere in any season or it shows the Lord to be partial, when His Word tells us He is no respecter of persons.
The single teaching that seems to stand the test in every situation, every nation, and every generation is the crucified life. The teaching that we are not our own sets us free to be the Lord’s. When we understand that we have been bought with a price and are the Lord’s to use as He pleases, no real harm will ever come to us. We might be broken, shamed, and even killed; but when we have “died” already, who can harm a dead man? Having “crucified” our old nature with its self-serving ways, we have the freedom to live with Him and for Him. Our lives can freely be a testimony of God’s love to others. Basking in the joy of His love for us, remembering what lies ahead, we live for the well-being of others and for our Lord. We are free!
Teach me to remember what this life with You is really all about,