9/24/16 Bringing the Awe Back
“Few understand how patient I am. I have waited eternities past to bring forth a people that will serve Me from their hearts. I have waited thousands of years for the salvation of that creation to become complete. I have waited generations for lessons to be learned and specific plans to be accomplished. I will wait your lifetime for you to surrender fully to Jesus.”
Psalm 46:10 NIV
“Be still, and know that I am God...”
Psalm 111:2 NIV
Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Psalm 150:1-6 AMP
1) Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the heavens of His power!
2) Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness!
3) Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp!
4) Praise Him with tambourine and [single or group] dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments or flutes!
5) Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
6) Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)
Instead of becoming intimate with Father God, so many of us have taken the privilege of entering into the presence of God, which Jesus won for us at the cross, as a license to walk in pride and familiarity. We have forgotten that the One to Whom we now have access is the same One Who simply spoke and universes were formed, life became a reality, and eternities had purpose. I believe that it is time we brought the awe back into our relationship with the One True Living God.
Break my heart, Lord,