9/07/16 Wide-eyed Enthusiasm
“Most of you understand how important it is to prepare for the season ahead. Others have become desensitized and lulled to sleep. While they rest in comfort, much is being organized against everything for which they stand. You, however, must heed My exhortations to minimize the importance of things that matter little in My economy. You must fix your heart on eternal wealth.
"For those of you who are seeing the times and seasons, and have turned your hearts toward the heart of Jesus, I delight in your wisdom. You please Me. I will be able to use you during perilous times, because you have the kind of power needed to overcome any ploy of the enemy. You will exhibit My love when others hate. You will be free when others flee in terror. You will freely give away whatever does not own you.”
Gen. 25:29-33 NIV
29) Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished.
30) He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)
31) Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”
32) “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?”
33) But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.
Psalm 3:1-6 AMP
1) Lord, How they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2) Many are saying of me, there is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
3) But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4) With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
5) I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.
6) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
“I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.”
Have we, as followers of the Lord, lost our wide-eyed enthusiasm for the end of things as we know them? Have we become so attached to this world, holding it so close, that we fear the loss of our comfort more than relish the wonder of the Lord’s plans being fulfilled? I believe that some of us have.
I know that most of you who read these messages have ceased to play games with God and are serious students of His Word. I know you see the times and seasons, and understand the need for preparation. From the correspondence that Merry and I receive from you, your hearts are longing for truth.
As I write this, I believe that the Lord is asking me to ask you to quietly check to see if some attachment has robbed you of perfect zeal and absolute devotion. The sense that I feel as I pray is that the Lord is calling His people - the ones who have heard His heart - to make sure that no wrong footholds have been embraced because of the pressures and distractions of recent months, possibly years. Your weariness and the length of your situation are beginning to change your focus and you need to address whatever it is. It is almost like a call for an equipment check before engaging in battle. It is a call of love from a devoted Father.
Thank You for being so close, Lord,