8/27/16 Moving From Where You Are
"Do you see how important it is for you to be exactly where I tell you to be? There is no safety outside of My will for you. There is no purpose for you to be anywhere other than where I tell you to be. All of heaven is being poised for the closing minutes of My plan. The beginnings of that plan are being played out in your midst. What that means to you is either the fulfillment of your life’s work, or some secondary task that I can use, although it will have much less impact in My overall plan to bring souls into My kingdom.
"Take the time, over the next few weeks, to set aside the pressures of your normal routine and listen to My heart for you. Don’t stop pressing in until you are confident that you have heard from Me. Do not set aside the questions that come to your heart. Do not be afraid to move from where you are to where I want you to be. Most of you will realize that you have created carnal gods that you serve—obligations that make you comfortable, yet they actually hinder you from doing all that I have planned in your life. These gods have quieted My voice over the years. You can’t hear Me because they need to be fed. Do you really need them? If they weren’t in your life, would you be free to serve Me with all your heart? Would I be able to move you wherever I desire?
"You must remove the word “impossible” from your thoughts as you seek My will for you. Do not entertain foolish, fleshly thoughts. Seek wise counsel, counsel you trust. Do not move ahead of My plans. All must be in order before you move. Do not attempt to rely on those with money as a means for you to accomplish any of your plans. I am your source.”
1 Peter 1:13-19 AMP
13) So brace up your minds; be sober (circumspect, morally alert); set your hope wholly and unchangeably on the grace (divine favor) that is coming to you when Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is revealed.
14) [Live] as children of obedience [to God]; do not conform yourselves to the evil desires [that governed you] in your former ignorance [when you did not know the requirements of the Gospel].
15) But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living.
16) For it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy.
17) And if you call upon Him as [your] Father Who judges each one impartially according to what he does, [then] you should conduct yourselves with true reverence throughout the time of your temporary residence [on the earth, whether long or short].
18) You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver or gold,
19) But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot.
I look at my life and the lives of others in the body of Christ. I am amazed at the gods we serve. In the spiritual realm, there are the usual attachments such as fear, lust, anger, hopelessness, pride, and so on. In the physical realm, some of the most prominent gods we serve are security, comfort, ownership of our time, ownership of our resources; and just plain spiritual blindness to the importance of doing God’s perfect will. In reality, most of us bow down before our personal gods before we bend our knees to the Lord and serve Him totally. Because of our surface personal seeking and prayerless days, more often than not we find ourselves serving the bills that are due every month, incapable of moving in God’s direction even if we wanted to do so. He and His work play second fiddle to our encumbered lives.
I believe that the Lord is challenging each of us to take stock in our lives and hold them up to the scrutiny of the Word and the Holy Spirit. Over the course of time, moved and directed by the Holy Spirit, we must be willing to bring things in proper order - His order. What does God really own in us and what are the gods that we faithfully serve above Him? He requires all our devotion. When we eliminate the smothering covers of this world, we will be able to discern much more readily the direction and focus that the Lord desires for us.
Rip the covers off my eyes, Lord! I want to see clearly and move easily with You,