8/23/16 Prepared and Waiting
“Do not fear tomorrow. I understand that you are recognizing the times and seasons in which you live. Your world is volatile. Your life could and sometimes will change in a matter of moments. Instead of fearing all the possibilities that may come your way, I want you to redeem the time. Allow the wisdom that I have given you to drive you to an understanding of the importance of each moment. As soon as tomorrow, you and I could be face to face. What will you hold in your hands for Jesus? You have every opportunity right now to gain crowns to present to Him then. What are you doing about it? Come to Me. Spend time with Me to gain the proper heart for your next actions. Then go forth in My power. I am waiting.”
Isaiah 8:11-14 AMP
11) For the Lord spoke thus to me with His strong hand [upon me], and warned and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,
12) Do not call conspiracy [or hard, or holy] all that this people will call conspiracy [or hard, or holy]; neither be in fear of what they fear, nor [make others afraid and] in dread.
13) The Lord of hosts – regard Him as holy and honor His holy name [by regarding Him as your only hope of safety], and let Him be your fear and let Him be your dread [lest you offend Him by your fear of man and distrust of Him].
14) And He shall be a sanctuary [a sacred and indestructible asylum to those who reverently fear and trust in Him]; but He shall be a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Matt. 25:1-6 NIV
1) “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2) Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3) The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
4) The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5) The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6) At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’”
The tomorrows that we should be conscious of are those days in which our time might not be spent in pleasing the Lord. We need to consider the ways in which we might be more prepared to have what is needed spiritually to overcome the difficult situations that might be presented to us.
Are we ready to love those who hate us? Are we ready to stand when others run in fear? Will we glorify the Lord when it may cost us our lives? These are very real possibilities for the future of our land. Maybe a revisiting of our priorities might be in order while there is still time to do something about them.
Prepare my heart, Lord,