8/08/16 Eternal Consequence
“How much of what you do has eternal consequence? Compare that with the carnal effects of your actions. My time frame for life as you know it is coming to a close. I am about to put into effect plans that will modify most of the handles that people use to bolster their lives. Things will soon change and few will know how to react.
"You need to consider your lives available for My use alone. I need to train you for the coming times. I need all of your heart, so that you have answers when others don’t. Surrender fully to Me. Make Me your priority for living. I will show you the heart of Jesus. I will show you how to prosper when the world reels in confusion.”
Psalm 25:12-14 NIV
12) Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
13) He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
14) The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Isaiah 2:22 AMP
Cease to trust in [weak, frail, and dying] man, whose breath is in his nostrils [for so short a time]; in what sense can he be counted as having intrinsic worth?
Matthew 6:19-21 NIV
19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
It is so easy to forget why we are on this earth. The distractions of the world and everyday living take our eyes from our real purpose for having breath in our body.
Here is what I believe the Word says about our lifespan in very simple terms. I believe that each of us is born to make a choice as to who we will serve for eternity. Either we choose Jesus or we remain separated from Him forever.
After we choose Jesus, we are to develop in the intimacy that our Father God has provided for us. That intimacy will produce the character of Christ in us. We are to then present the life of Jesus - which has been developed within us - to others, so that they have the opportunity to make the same choice we did. Everything we do, as we function from day to day, either furthers that goal or hinders it.
Help me show them You, Jesus,