7/16/16 Anytime Access
“Have you done what I’ve asked you to do? Do you even know what I’ve asked you to do or not do? Have you spent enough time with Me to know My heart? If you have, you know that I’m not looking for you to work hard for Me. I am looking for you to be with Me. That is what Jesus spent His life for. He gave you access to My Presence. I see you through the blood that He shed.
"I know you because you have responded to His Lordship. Stop attempting to impress Me with your works. They matter little if We are not doing them together. Come to Me through Jesus. We will talk. We will reason. We will work together after you have submitted to My heart.”
John 5:19-20 NIV
19) Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20) For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.
Luke 6:43-46 NIV
43) “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44) Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
45) The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
46) “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”
Submission to the Father’s heart is a priority. So many of us take the work of the cross for our salvation and minimize the fact that the work of Jesus has won back the right for us to be in the presence of God the Father. Jesus shed blood was the only sacrifice accepted by God. Most of us tend to forget how important it is to use this astounding privilege.
Take some time to think about how miserable our existence would be without access to God. Think how horrible it would be if we could not go to Him for direction, guidance, and assurance. Remember the price that was paid for you and me the next time you pray and those prayers are answered. Thank Him for devising a means for us to return to Him as often as we desire.
Let me never forget, Lord,