7/05/16 Where's Your Fire?
“Does anything really move you anymore? Do you care if people are going to be separated from Me for their eternal lives? When was the last time you wept for souls? When did you give up any comfort for the sake of someone hearing My Word? I know some of you are fulfilling My plan for you, but what about those of you who have settled into a mundane spiritual existence? Where is your fire? Your time is considered your own. Your money is yours! My gifts to you make you proud rather than grateful! What is it going to take to wake you up? You are about to find out unless you wake up to My heart! Old manna is no longer nourishing and some of you are starving to death spiritually. Repent now!”
James 1:13-15 AMP
13) Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted from God; for God is incapable of being tempted by [what is] evil and He Himself tempts no one.
14) But every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire (lust, passions).
15) Then the evil desire, when it has conceived, gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully matured, brings forth death.
Rev. 3:18-20 AMP
18) Therefore I counsel you to purchase from Me gold refined and tested by fire, that you may be [truly] wealthy, and white clothes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nudity from being seen, and salve to put on your eyes, that you may see.
19) Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].
20) Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
Human nature has an incredible ability to adapt to almost any conditions. Persecuted Christians, jailed for their beliefs, often prospered spiritually under horrendous conditions. Personal tragedy, in time, becomes palatable memories. Broken hearts and emotions eventually heal, especially with the power of God. We are an adaptable people with an incredible gift.
This ability to become familiar with and adapt has its drawbacks, however, when it comes to the times and seasons in which we live. For many years now, the Lord has been calling His church to prepare, to draw close to the Lord, to weep for souls. The problem with our adaptability is that we have become dull in hearing the message that the Lord is giving. The urgency has lost its sting in many cases. Zeal has been replaced by nonchalance, and in some cases many have fallen into a quiet spiritual death. Some of the children of God are in grave danger. Most don’t even know it.
Wake me up, Lord,