6/30/16 Just as Jesus Did
“I am calling you to prepare your heart to be completely in line with My heart. Some of you are not heeding My call. Submit yourselves to Me, that I might bring you into the fullness of life. Allow Me to break your heart, that you might desire the things that I desire.
"I desire that none should perish. I desire for you to love your enemies. I desire that you place the interests of others before your own interests just as Jesus did. I desire that you look to heavenly things and discard all the ways of the world. Are these the things that you really desire? Why, then, do you push aside those I bring to you who need to see Jesus? Why do you embrace the things of the world? You need to respond to My call. There will come a day when you won’t be able to hear Me because of your hardened heart. That will be a dark day for you!”
James 1:13-15 AMP
13) Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted from God; for God is incapable of being tempted by [what is] evil and He Himself tempts no one.
14) But every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire (lust, passions).
15) Then the evil desire, when it has conceived, gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully matured, brings forth death.
Rev. 2:2-5 NIV
2) I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
3) You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
4) Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
5) Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
There is a vast difference between understanding and living under grace and mercy, and falling into complacency. There is no comparison between a heart that grieves because of the sin it embraces—sin it is continuously repenting of before the Lord—and the heart that has ignored the continual wooing and warnings of the Lord to repent. So many of us, who have walked a long time with the Lord, have become self-righteous, thinking that our Lord overlooks the lack of first love qualities in us because we have been with Him for so long, and have done so many things for Him. That’s a big oops!
Break my hardened heart, Lord,