6/23/16 Necessary Detours
“There are times when I orchestrate your life away from the things you want and the turns you desire to take. I will step in the way of some of the directions in which you are heading. I will provide detours on the road that you are traveling. You will experience sudden heart changes, noticeable attitude adjustments on the parts of others involved, and outcomes that were unpredictable in the beginning of your journey— all so that you are stopped from making a major mistake in your life’s direction. Although you will not understand, at the time, why your plans did not work out and your present situation seems as if I have not answered your prayers, one day you will see that My way was correct.
"I always have your best interests in My heart. I always know how you can best fulfill the plan I have for you. Submit to My will in every situation. Let go of anything that is not My promise to you, which I am not allowing to come to pass. You have limited understanding. I know the beginning from the end.”
II Chr 16:9 NIV
“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him...”
Psalm 25:12-14 NIV
12) Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
13) He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
14) The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Jude 17-21 NIV
17) But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold.
18) They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.”
19) These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
20) But you, dear friends, build yourself up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.
21) Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
We have to be careful to discern the difference between God-spoken promises that we have been given and personal desires that we want the Lord to fulfill for us. You know—those heart cravings that are not from Him, but feel as if they should be.
When we have been given a promise by the Lord, we can stand with Him until it is fulfilled, no matter how long it takes or how impossible its fulfillment in the future appears to be. If it really is His promise, we can have absolute confidence that He will fulfill it in His time and in the way He chooses.
After many years of being with the Lord, I can look back and find that He has often protected me from myself. He did not allow something to happen that I was sure He should bring to pass for me. At the time, I thought it had to be His will. It felt so right, and it would make me really, really happy. I knew for sure it was a God thing!
As I remember situations, relationships, and opportunities that did not come to pass as I thought they should, I am so grateful for the Lord’s intervention. From the vantage point of hind sight, I now see that some of what I wanted would have caused great harm to me and the work of the Lord, had I continued to travel the road I was on. God sure takes care of His ignorant kids. Whew!
Thank You so much for Your intervention, Lord,