6/15/16 Shake Yourself Loose
“These days you must be very careful to whom you are listening. There are many voices attempting to have their way with you. You need to remember that every one of them has one goal in mind. They all want to minimize Our time together, either personally or through the Word. When they do that, you begin to listen to what they have to say. You become weak and vulnerable to fear and susceptible to lies that minimize the importance of those things that are important to Me.
"Shake yourself loose from whatever is distracting you from Our time together, even good-sounding things. Fight to overcome the sirens that distract you from Me, your only safety in the coming times. You really serve the one to whom you listen. Who you listen to is very important.”
John 10:27 AMP
The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me.
Ephesians 3:14-19 NLT
14) When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
15) the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
16) I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.
17) And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love.
18) And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.
19) May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Eph. 6:10 AMP
In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].
Phil. 4:8-9 NIV
8) Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
9) Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Sometimes it is so much easier to listen to those things that are in our faces, especially when we become weary. Few of us realize that there is a direct correlation between how much quality time we spend with our Lord, and how well we discern what is important in every area of our lives.
One of the major reasons for the cross is so that we can have access to Father God. Jesus spent His life so that we could go to Him and be with Him. How foolish we are if we don’t go there as often as we can.
Make coming to You my priority, Lord,