6/13/16 In the Quiet Places
“You need to stop watching what others, especially the high profile people, are doing. Find out what I am doing. Then you do that. I am not in the din of noisy emotionalism. I am not in the loud voices. I am not in the pre-digested food of others’ words. I am in the quiet places. I speak when We are alone. I am made known to the quiet, seeking heart. Quiet your heart. Rest your spirit, so that you can hear My still small voice. Refresh yourself in Me!”
I Ki 19:11-13 NIV
11) The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
12) After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
13) When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
Isaiah 2:22 AMP
Cease to trust in [weak, frail, and dying] man, whose breath is in his nostrils [for so short a time]; in what sense can he be counted as having intrinsic worth?
Isaiah 30:15a AMP
For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength.
Isaiah 30:21 NIV
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Col. 3:1-3 AMP
1) IF THEN you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2) And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
3) For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.
Teach me Your ways by Your hand and from Your Word, Lord,