6/04/16 Knit Together
“As the world grows darker, My people will shine brighter because of the love they have for Me, each other, and their enemies. This love has already been established in the heavenlies, and is about to be poured out in its fullness upon My people. Holy alliances will be made one with another. Kinsman friendships will be established that cannot be intruded upon by the vile jestings and coarse intrusions that are part of those who do not know Me. I call you to separate yourselves; but in that separation, I am also calling you, My children, to come together.
"Some of you know the bond of adversity, some know the bond of fleshly desire and adoration, some know the safety of a kindred spirit; but no one has known the heavenly bond of the holy alliance that will knit My bride together for My work to be done and for Me to pour My love upon them. Establish it in your hearts now. Those I call to Myself will know Me and each other with the love My Father and I have had from the beginning. Make no provision for the flesh in any relationships I bring your way. In My way, there’s safety, power, freedom, and love.”
Ps. 133:1 AMP
BEHOLD, HOW good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
John 13:34-35 NIV
34) “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35) By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 15:10-13 AMP
10) If you keep my commandments, [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father’s commandments and live on in His love.
11) I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing.
12) This is My commandment: that you love one another [just] as I have loved you.
13) No one has greater love [no one has shone stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends.
Isn’t it interesting to watch God establish relationships? If you haven’t given it much thought, just know that this is one more area that works out best when put in His hands. He has a purpose for every relationship, and He has reasons for not wanting others established.
When I go about the business of establishing any relationship on my own, more than likely for selfish reasons, I should not be surprised when it doesn’t work out. If God, however, brings someone into my life and it is not working, more than likely my heart is not right. I want my way, my desires, not His.
Periodically, I find myself wanting to befriend someone, but it just doesn’t fall together. It is then that I need to remind myself that if it is God-ordained, He will bring that friendship into existence. He will make all of the necessary adjustments, heart modifications, and motive refinements to allow all things to fall in line. He will orchestrate and finalize any other aspects of personality to smooth out the rough spots that stand in the way. He sees the total picture. He knows the beginning and the end, the reasons and the consequences. We don’t.
In the coming seasons, it will become increasingly important that God is really in charge. We will need to be able to trust the people within our sphere of friendships. There will be times that lives will depend on the ability to do so. At that time, whom would you like to have established the relationships in your life?
Bond us together in Your love, Lord,