5/21/16 Completed and Fulfilled
“Do you have any idea what you are doing? I don’t mean, do you know how to do what you do? I mean, do you know why you do what you do? Let’s talk. I have a very specific plan for each life that is Mine. Each of My children has been born into My family to prosper in a specific calling. In My plan, each of you has a specific role to play so that My will is accomplished. All of your life’s experiences have happened, so that you flow freely while doing your part in My plan. When you function in that role, however, you not only fulfill My desires; but you also are completed and fulfilled yourself because you are doing what you have been created to do.
"Is it any wonder that most of My church flounders through their lives, moving and being moved by the dictates of wrong decisions and fleshly-motivated actions? Most of you have not sought Me enough to have even a clue as to what you have been created for. You now find yourselves unhappy and without joy, plodding through your days, handcuffed by and serving the gods that you have created. My desire for you is that you prosper. My desire is for you to show the world the joy of serving Me, so that they will have taste buds to do the same. Come to Me today and submit your will to My perfect will for you. You will be surprised at how wonderful your life becomes when We flow together.”
Prov. 19:20-21 AMP
20) Hear counsel, receive instruction, and accept correction, that you may be wise in the time to come.
21) Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand.
Phil. 2:12b-13 AMP
12b) …work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).
13) [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
Heb. 13:20-21 NIV
20) May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,
21) equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
I once knew a husband and wife who were called into the mission field. The call had been confirmed to them many, many times.
Over the years, while the call was being given to them, they acquired many “things” and submitted themselves to a lifestyle that demanded their full attention and daily service. After several years of not responding to the Lord, the call on their lives became quieter and quieter until they could no longer hear it. Having counseled with them often during the time of their struggle to respond to the Lord, the specific time when they said their final “no” on the Lord’s timeline was very evident. Their joy left. Their needs and wants now totally stifled the voice of the Lord.
Their lives became a sad myriad of religious activity without true joy and void of real meaning. They had chosen their way, rather than the plan for which the Lord had created them.
Praying to desire to hear and respond only to the plans of God,