4/21/16 Second Chances
“Do you know that I can’t remember the last time that you failed Me? Do you know that you have an unlimited amount of times left that I will forgive you? Do you know that I knew how many times you would fail Me and I still asked you to spend eternity with Me? It’s true! No, I don’t have a bad memory. I am not easy on sin; it separates Us and I detest it. I also do not take lightly your representation of Jesus to your world, so I am sincere about you becoming like Him. I do, however, understand your nature. I have long understood how much you need second chances, so that you do not become discouraged. Our relationship changed from one of securing you before you gave your life to Jesus, to one of working with you to clean you up while blessing you. Your life is in My life because of Jesus. I do not take that lightly. Our fellowship was paid for. It was very expensive, but it was worth it. I love you.”
Rom. 7:21-23 NIV
21) So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
22) For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
23) but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
Rom. 8:1-2 NIV
1) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2) because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Phil 4:13 AMP
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].
I’ve often wondered why the Lord has allowed me to spend eternity with Him. I have failed Him more since I’ve met Jesus, than I did before I knew what sin was. Several years ago, I stopped trying to figure it out. There is no reason for me to be so blessed other than God’s reasons. My only position can be one of overwhelming gratefulness.
I am truly grateful, Lord,