“Few will understand the anointing that I have placed on your life. Why would they think any differently? To the world, you look like a fool. To most of My church, you are a fanatic because of your burning zeal. Some have attempted to quench your fire. Others have discarded you. Most cannot see past your human flaws, so they minimize what I do through you.
"You need to come and rest in Me. I will show you what to do and where to do it. Soon your life will be a litany of My deeds in which you have participated. Those who can see will marvel at My power. They may never even notice nor care whom I used to accomplish such mighty works, so you will get no credit for what has been done. That’s OK. I have noticed.”
Matthew 6:19-21 NIV
19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal
21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matt. 13:54-58 AMP
54) And coming to His own country [Capernaum], He taught in their synagogue so that they were amazed with bewildered wonder, and said, Where did this Man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?
55) Is not this the carpenter’s Son? Is not His mother called Mary? And are not His brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
56) And do not all His sisters live here among us? Where then did this Man get all this?
57) And they took offense at Him [that is, they were repelled and hindered from acknowledging His authority, and caused to stumble]. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.
58) And He did not do many works of power there, because of their unbelief (their lack of faith in the divine mission of Jesus).
As best as I can understand, the Lord is raising up some very ordinary people to do extraordinary stuff. At present, they are the people who get little notice other than judgment and scorn by some who don’t understand. Those in training have little of the world’s resources. They can give no explanation as to why they are in the humbling situation in which they find themselves, and they seem to care less and less about the world and its ways. But wait.
Wait until the Lord gives His command to those who have been trained to respond only to Him. Many will see Jesus through the lives of those who serve Him and Him alone—those who are willing to not be noticed when He moves through them. I believe that Father God will soon call forth a peculiar people who are deeply in love with Jesus, and ready and willing to impact their world with His kind of love.
Looking only to You, Lord,