12/07/16 Hiding Your Talent
“Do you fully understand the privilege of being in My family? Do you really comprehend the alternative? With your acceptance comes responsibility. You have My Name to uphold. You have My desires to fulfill. You have other members of My family to undergird as they progress in their relationship with Me. A high price was paid for your acceptance. How grateful are you?”
2 Chr 16:9 NIV
“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him...”
Matthew 5:23-24 NIV
23) “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24) leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled with your brother; then come and offer your gift.”
Matthew 25:14-30 NIV
14) "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them.
15) To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
16) The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more.
17) So also, the one with the two talents gained two more.
18) But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
19) "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.
20) The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. `Master,' he said, ‘you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'
21) "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
22) "The man with the two talents also came. ‘Master,' he said, ‘you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.'
23) "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
24) "Then the man who had received the one talent came. ‘Master,' he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25) So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'
26) "His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27) Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28) " ‘Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
29) For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
30) And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' “
During our travels throughout the United States, we encounter many people who call themselves Christians. Some really are an example and testimony of Jesus. Many, however, seem to have lost their perspective of Christ’s crucified life, and have turned the Gospel inward. They seem to fully accept the privilege of a relationship with Christ, but place the responsibilities that come with it somewhere behind all of their own agendas.
Serving Christ and accepting His Lordship over our lives is the answer to all human life. It is not a game, nor is it a membership into a “bless me” club. It is a covenant with the Creator of all things. It is a binding contract that is overseen and monitored by the Lord Himself. This covenant agreement with Jesus is taken very seriously in heavenly places. It should be taken very seriously each and every moment of our lives.
Show me what I agreed to, Lord,