12/01/16 A Very Large Surprise
“Have you forgotten that one day you will stand before Me? You really need to remember that I will judge what you have done in My Name and how you have used what I have given you. You seem to have lost the significance of that event and how important it is to Me that you have an abundance to give to Jesus. You also don’t realize how your actions now reflect on and impact your eternity with Me.
"If you choose not to develop intimacy with Me now, how will your life compare to those who have? Will you expect Me to overlook your lack of desire to be with Me? Similarly, if you can’t be trusted with what I give to you to help My Word go forth, why would I entrust you with things of value for eternity? Why should I believe that you care about the things that Jesus really cares about when you ignore them as the priority of your days on earth?
"Some of you are in for a very large surprise. You think that you have need of nothing, but you are far from why I have brought you to Me. You have misunderstood My grace. You have listened to false prophets and wealth-driven preachers. You need to repent of your ways and turn to My ways before it is too late. Go back to My Word. Study My heart. Allow Me to change yours!”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
Matthew 25:23 NIV
His master replied, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!”
Luke 12:19-21 NIV
19) And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
20) “But God said to him, ’You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21) “This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”
1 John 2:6 AMP
Whoever says he abides in Him ought [as a personal debt] to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself.
Rev. 3:15-18 NIV
15) “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!
16) So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
17) You say, ’I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.”
I wonder how many of us have convinced ourselves that the above verses are meant for all those other people who are in deep sin and not really for those of us who simply have a heart that has hardened just a little bit; you know, those of us who deserve God’s mercy just because we spent our lives overlooking only some of His Word in order to be comfortable?
Change is good, Lord. I say yes!