11/15/16 The Battle is His
“When you get a focused vision for doing My will, many intrusions will attempt to distract you. When you function in My will, new, rich fruit will become evident. When rich fruit from your functioning in Me becomes evident, attacks of the enemy will increase to distract you from keeping on course. They will be an attempt to sidetrack you from what you were doing to produce the rich fruit, and force you to become an “enemy fighter.” It is a tactic often used to nullify your productivity for My kingdom. Keep your eyes on the course that you have been given and turn the warfare over to Me. I will be your defender. I will use My power on your behalf. You keep your attentions on your task at hand and continue to allow fruit from your efforts to ripen. I am your strong tower.”
Acts 4:29-35 NIV
29) “Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your Word with great boldness.
30) Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
31) After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
32) All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.
33) With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all.
34) There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35) and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.
During this time of great pressure, the apostles prayed for boldness, not deliverance, and they did not refocus their attentions. The Lord responded with the provision of boldness, power, and unity. The work continued without the typical sidetracking.
If you are under pressure because of the inroads you are making for the Lord, turn the warfare over to Him and keep doing what is bearing fruit. Do not be enticed into the “alligator fight” that will quiet your work and garner your attention.
Keep me looking only to You,