11/12/16 Shake It Off
“Delight yourself in the things that delight My heart. Become deeply involved in the situations to which I lead you. Invest yourself. No longer remain passive about the world around you. I want you to become passionate about your life and the people to whom I send you. Become passionate about My Word.
"You have lost your first love. Your heart has become hardened in a time when I need people to see the heart of Jesus in you. Shake off your complacency. I need your heart of fire about My ways, not your cold, complacent compliance. Wake up or you will miss My purpose for you. The enemy of My ways is not at rest. You sleep while he makes inroads into the hearts of those who have not heard because you have not told them. How can you not care?”
Esther 4:13-14 AMP
13) Then Mordecai told them to return this answer to Esther. Do not flatter yourself that you shall escape in the king’s palace any more than all the other Jews.
14) For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise for the Jews from elsewhere, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion?
Psalm 106:12-15 AMP
12) Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.
13) But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them,
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls and [thinned their numbers by] disease and death.
Proverbs 29:1 AMP
He who, being often reproved, hardens his neck shall suddenly be destroyed—and that without remedy.
Proverbs 29:21 AMP
He who pampers his servant from childhood will have him expecting the rights of a son afterward.
Most of us become so mesmerized by the cares of our lives that we cease to place our greatest importance on the cares of our Lord. We may appear to be following our Father’s will by fellowshipping or throwing money at some cause; but our hearts are most of the time far from the heart of our Father. Eventually, our first heart zeal becomes atrophied. We spiritually zone out and cannot be moved by anything other than those things that directly concern us.
Sensitivity toward the heart of God is the inward desire of the compassionate heart. This heart cannot be satisfied until God’s heart is satisfied upon the completion of all things. It drives a person to whatever end will satisfy Father God’s heart and allow others to see Him. Those with a compassionate spirit unconditionally surrender all control of their lives to the Lordship of Jesus and joyfully embrace a life of self-denial.
Wake me up to Your ways, Lord,