11/10/16 Choose Jesus
“Choose Jesus! In everything you do, choose Jesus! When temptation comes your way, choose Jesus! When fear attempts to overpower you, choose Jesus! Whisper it quietly, say it out loud, express it from your heart; choose Jesus and watch the enemy flee.
"Planted thoughts, wandering motives, and rampant temptations have no power over your choice to surrender to Jesus and all His completed work in your life. Choosing Him brings His resurrected life to you in full force to overcome. Cease from striving. Call out to Jesus and invoke His covenant promises.
"Choose Jesus over and over again until your choice becomes an expression of praise and a statement of rock solid commitment. Choose Jesus! He is Lord over all!”
Matt. 13:54-58 AMP
54) And coming to His own country [Capernaum], He taught in their synagogue so that they were amazed with bewildered wonder, and said, Where did this Man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?
55) Is not this the carpenter’s Son? Is not His mother called Mary? And are not His brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
56) And do not all His sisters live here among us? Where then did this Man get all this?
57) And they took offense at Him [that is, they were repelled and hindered from acknowledging His authority, and caused to stumble]. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.
58) And He did not do many works of power there, because of their unbelief (their lack of faith in the divine mission of Jesus).
Luke 10:19 KJV
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
John 6:57 AMP
Just as the living Father sent Me and I live by (through, because of) the Father, even so whoever continues to feed on Me [whoever takes Me for his food and is nourished by Me] shall [in his turn] live through and because of Me.
This message comes to me as a warm friend. For many years, my thought life seemed out of control. I would be praying, spending time with God, and without warning find myself thinking incredible, wandering, sometimes foul thoughts. I would have to snap my thoughts back into perspective, repenting of my inability to keep focused.
One day, as I was questioning my Father about this situation, He showed me that the enemy planted those thoughts. If I didn’t continue in them once I realized that they were there, I hadn’t sinned. That alone was incredibly refreshing. Then He spoke to my heart, “Choose Jesus.” So simple! Choose Jesus over the prevailing thoughts.
Since those days, I choose Jesus the moment I realize that my mind has wandered. Sometimes I say it out loud. Sometimes I whisper it in love to my Father, confirming and thanking Him for what Jesus has done. It may sound like a formula, and maybe it once was; but it has become a loving heart expression of my acceptance of all that He has done and is doing for me. I choose Jesus and nothing else. There is no other. Saying it has become a form of praise to Him and brings everything into proper focus.
I choose only You, Lord,