11/04/16 Time to Reexamine Why
“Obedience to My desires brings My presence in what I call you to do. Delighting to be obedient brings My heart. I value the difference between compliance out of duty and an excitement to see My will go forth. One accomplishes much; the other is why Jesus spent His life.
"It’s time for you to reexamine why you do what you are doing. My goal is that We walk together with the same heart. What is your purpose for waking and working? Why do you call upon Me in prayer? Turn aside from the elementary teachings of your youth. Long for My heart. Spend enough time with Me to know it. Crave to own it!”
Psalm 51:10 AMP
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering and steadfast spirit within me.
Isaiah 43:21 NIV
-the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
Amos 3:3 KJV
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Matt. 25:1-12 NIV
1) “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2) Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3) The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
4) The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5) The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6) At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7) Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
8) The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9) ‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10) But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11) Later the others also came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they said. ‘Open the door for us!’
12) But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’”
God is always after our hearts. So many of us walk in compliance, thinking that we are pleasing God. The Sadducees and the Pharisees became arrogant because of their self- righteousness. They fulfilled the law, but lost the heart of God. In the same way, most of us do the right things, but miss God’s heart while doing them. It’s time to grow up for the good of our God and the reputation of Jesus.
I want to love Your ways, Lord,