11/02/16 What's Important to God?
“Focus! Go back to when you were first in love with Me. Remember the things that were important to you at that time. Remember also what was not important because you loved so deeply and cared only about those things I cared about. I could guide you with My eyes. I could tell you My heart and you would move as if We were One. You need to go back there, so that I can use you in that way again. It is important to Me, but it is also very important for you.
"If you do not turn, We will grow farther apart. You will not be able to know what is important to Me any longer and I cannot embrace the things that you deem important. That is not a good situation for you. Turn now. Repent! Time is short!”
James 4:8-10 AMP
8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
10) Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].”
Rev. 2:2-5 NIV
2) “I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
3) You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name and have not grown weary.
4) Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
5) Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.”
A significant life is the life of Jesus. Jesus moved only in love, only in His Father’s wishes. As He walked among those He had created, He saw their needs and moved with compassion on their behalf. He gave His all, even for those who hated Him - especially for those who hated Him. Their need became His mission. His love became their salvation.
Take me back to first love, Lord,