10/24/16 From Him, Through Him, To Him
“Do not defile what I call holy. Do not use My grace to be nonchalant about My commands and My heart issues. I need you to move your heart back to an awe of Me and My Word. You need to shake off the influences of your world and its man-made wonders. Your world has lifted itself up to diminish Who I am. It has determined what you should call holy and worthy of wonder. It attempts to tell you what to fear. Do not be fooled. Do not be taken in. I spoke the world into existence. Start there to regain your perspective.”
Gen. 1:31 NIV
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
Psalm 111:2 NIV
Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Psalm 150:1-6 AMP
1) Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the heavens of His power!
2) Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness!
3) Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp!
4) Praise Him with tambourine and [single or group] dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments or flutes!
5) Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
6) Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)
John 19:11 NIV
Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above…”
Rom. 11:36 AMP
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. [For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.] To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it).
We all love to sit in lofty places. No matter where we are in life, every one of us has a need to be in some form of control. Somehow we need to be equal to or more than someone else. We have a desperate need to consider our opinion as valuable as anyone else’s. Sometimes we even feel that our way is better than God’s way. It is called pride and Satan loves to have us wallow in it in any form.
The opposite of pride is full submission to the Lord and His ways over independence and having our own way—at all times. In that full submission, our wonder can only come from Him. Our awe originates in Him. Our every breath is understood to initiate in Him.
Nothing—not the supposed wisdom and authority that man says he has, not the accomplishments to which he can point; and especially, not the independence from God that he has established—should turn our heads from the wonder of our Lord in any way. God calls it foolishness. So should we.
You are my Wonder, Lord!