10/21/16 What Happened?
“You need a clear understanding of accountability. I am the only one Who can really call you to account. Because of My grace and My mercy, that prospect is good for you. Because I am a Righteous Judge, some of you will be very surprised. I will honor My Word. I will judge your stewardship according to It. I will expose your real motives, not your actions.
"Some of you feel secure in your stewardship of My money, time, and My Word because you have been deceived. You have fallen for the lies of the uninformed and have managed everything from a place that allows you to remain comfortable, when others are hungry, physically and spiritually. That never was My way. It is your responsibility if you call yourself by Jesus’ Name.
"One day you will be exposed to absolute truth. Some of your gifts will not be gifts at all, because you gave them with a wrong heart. Some of your usage of My Word will be exposed for the horror that it is. Many of you have not redeemed your time by placing value on My moments for the sake of others. Turn your hearts while there is still enough time to do so. Come to Me and receive My perspective of your actions. You are accountable for what you know. It is best for you to know My truth.”
Psalm 106:12-15a AMP
12) Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.
13) But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them,
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls…
Isaiah 2:22 AMP
Cease to trust in [weak, frail, and dying] man, whose breath is in his nostrils [for so short a time]; in what sense can he be counted as having intrinsic worth?
Hosea 4:6 AMP
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you [the priestly nation] have rejected knowledge…
Matthew 6:19-21 NIV
19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matthew 7:21-23 NIV
21) “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23) Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
Just after Jesus left, being called a Christian or a follower of Jesus was something that truly set you apart. At first, there was an awe; people wanted to lift common followers up as gods. Others wanted to stone God’s messengers because of their uncompromising truth. Wherever they went, there was no mistaking that the presence of God had made an impact through those who bore the Name of the Crucified One, because they acted like the One they followed.
Today, we willingly deny God’s absolute truth in our actions if someone so much as threatens us from a distance. We compromise His ways and form them to our advantage, so that they fit into our puny worlds. We walk past the needs of others, even God’s workers; and side with other hypocrites to maintain our comfort. The Word has not changed! Jesus certainly has not changed. How can we really believe that our actions will not be judged by a Righteous Judge? Have we become so arrogant, so pompous, as to compromise His Word without so much as a check in our spirits?
Forgive me and change me, Lord,