10/10/16 In a Nutshell
“I have given you a Savior. His Name is Jesus. You are to make Him Lord over every area of your life. Prepare your heart now as a bride would prepare hers. Wait for Him with increasing anticipation as she would wait if she knew that the time was drawing near. Be pure in your motives always. Be holy as He is holy. Become an enthusiastic study of His life. Show others who He is by who you are becoming. Be passionate about your preparation and accurate in your representation. Honor Him with your every breath. Glorify Him with your every action. Never tire in your devotion. He is your soon coming King.”
John 1:1-5 NIV
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) He was with God in the beginning.
3) Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4) In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5) The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John 1:10-14 NIV
10) He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11) He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12) Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -
13) children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14) The Word became flesh and lived for a while among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
As followers of Jesus the Christ, we are to celebrate His birth, study and walk in His life, remember His death, fully believe in His resurrection, and prepare as a bride for His return. We are to be consumed with only Him. He is Lord.
Be glorified, my Lord,