10/05/16 Get There or Know Me
“Some of you are so busy looking for My will for your life that you miss what I have planned for you. My plan for you is to fellowship with Me. As We talk, you will know My heart and your place in what I am doing. You miss so much when you miss My reasons for getting together. Make Our time together your priority, and you will never be uncertain as to where I desire to apply My life through you.”
Eph. 3:14-19 AMP
14) For this reason [seeing the greatness of this plan by which you are built together in Christ], I bow my knees before the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15) For Whom every family in heaven and on earth is named [that Father from Whom all fatherhood takes its title and derives its name].
16) May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].
17) May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.
18) That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
19) [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
When my daughter Jubilee was just old enough to walk, she and I headed for a tool barn on our property. We started walking and I remember being very frustrated with her as she picked up little stones, smelled pretty flowers, and pointed to “the birdies.” I remember turning to her, urging her to walk faster, when the Lord spoke to my heart. He impressed upon me that my daughter was going for a walk with me, while I was just heading for the barn. I was so intent on the destiny that I missed the privilege of being with her.
So often it is the same with our relationship with our Lord. We become so busy “getting there,” that we even use our time with Him only to find answers, rather than experience the wondrous fellowship to which we have been invited. How foolish!
Teach me to go for quiet walks with You, Lord,